Friday, December 21, 2012

The Lone Star Rocks!

I love my Texas mug! Reminds me of all the places I've been in the Lonestar state just in the last year. I have driven all day long for hours and hours and was still in the state of Texas, lol. Its a really big state that offers so much beauty and family fun spots that its worth traveling through. Just to mention a few, there's Seaworld in San AntonioTexas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi, Space Center Houston
My most recent destination has been in Huntsville, Texas. Home of the famous 67 foot Statue of Sam Houston which can be seen up to 6 miles away. He was the General of the San Jacinto war back in 1800's and now home of The Sam Houston State University too. There are many more things to see and do here, such as visiting the Sam Houston Memorial Museum, the Veterans Museum and the State Park. Check it out if you ever go to Houston. Just follow this link Huntsville, Texas
 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Bren. Digging the Texan mug. Makes me a bit jealous sat here in Manchester (UK) where it's dark, freezing and foggy. Hope you get to visit some nice spots in 2013 so you grab some more mugs on your travels.
    Best wishes
    Shaun
    mugspotters.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shaun,thanks for the comment. Have you ever been to the States? I Would love to venture out to another country sometime, can only imagine what all I could see and collect. What would be one of the main attractions there in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bren
    I suppose it has to be London. I'm not well travelled really.
    I haven't even been to our capital in nearly 20 years.
    One day I'd love go to New York but I've sadly never set foot in the States as of yet.

    ReplyDelete