Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Mount Rushmore

All I can say is WOW. I had the opportunity to visit Mount Rushmore while working in Montana. Its located in the western part of South Dakota around the Rapid City Area. Here's some of the pics I took. If your ever in that neck of the woods, its a must see!The drive itself was awesome- going through the Black Hills.
The only cost was for parking, so its a great and inexpensive place to take a family.
I actually didn't even get a coffee mug here because I was to busy shopping for everyone else in my family. So darn it now I have to go back, lol. I really cant wait to go again though.
Just a little bit about the history of why its called Mount Rushmore in the first place.....apparently a attorney from New York went to South Dakota to do some title work and then they ended up giving the mountain his last name of Rushmore. Just interesting to know.




1 comment:

  1. We had a great time too last year...took my whole family. But I do live in the same state so the travel part was much easier. Just seeing the great art work of the men that created it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete